Marci Collier Overstreet is serving as a member of the Atlanta City Council representing the citizens of District 11, the legacy southwest Atlanta where she proudly spent her teenager years as well as raised her family.
Marci is a native of Atlanta and product of Atlanta Public Schools, graduating from Benjamin E. Mays High School in 1983. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Georgia State University.
She has over 25 years of experience in service and leadership by way of her chosen career path, volunteerism, and organization affiliations.
Marci Collier Overstreet is and has always been devoted to the people. That’s what being a devoted SOUTHWEST ATLANTAN is all about.
After years of experience working in the corporate arena and PTSA's to make positive change in the lives of families, seniors and young people, Marci is now an advocate for the people at City Hall.
Marci is intensely dedicated, passionate, and devoted to serving the citizens of the City of Atlanta.
Marci's mission is to invest in technology, provide transparency, ensure public safety, improve mobility and economic development to create an age-friendly community, and foster solid relationships with the constituents of District 11. Marci understands the unique composition of her district and wishes to celebrate and preserve its distinct historic components while introducing amenities and conveniences, including recreational opportunities for children and senior citizens. Marci has held multiple board and leadership positions professional and within the community, including:
- Board Trustee of the City of Atlanta Pension Trust Board
- Appointee to the Atlanta Commission on Women
- Founder and CEO of Mommy Knows Best, LLC
- Past Board Chair/President of the Auxiliary to the Atlanta Medical Association
- Member of the Fulton County Core Services and Governance task force
- Board Member of the Walter & Andrew Young Family YMCA
- Member of League of Women Voters (LWV)
- Member of Council of Negro Women - Greater Atlanta
- Member of the Atlanta City Council - Atlanta Public Schools Joint Committee
- Retiree of Delta AirLines
- Member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Member of The Links, Inc.
Councilmember Overstreet's active initiatives include authoring Legacy Legislation to protect legacy residents from being priced out of their homes, CoSponsoring Inspector General Legislation to help reshape the City of Atlanta’s Governance to root out waste and corruption, Fighting Blight, Scrap Tire Drives, District 11 Public Safety Series, and Community Engagements (Movies in the Park, Neighborhood Jazz Festival, Funding Forums etc.) to name a few.