Howard Shook is serving his fifth term as a member of District 7 on the Atlanta City Council. He has served on all seven of the council’s standing committees.
He is currently Chair of the Finance Committee.
District 7 is best known for its blend of historic single-family neighborhoods and vibrant offices, hotels, restaurants, and retailers.
Howard's political and policy-making qualifications and experience include:
- Ridgedale Park Civic Association President - 8 years
- Former Chair of the Buckhead Neighborhood Alliance
- Co-founder, Partnership for Better Government
- Member, Buckhead Area Transportation Management Association Board of Directors
- Council appointee to the City of Atlanta’s Gentrification Task Force
- Service on all seven council standing committees, including five years as chair of the Finance Committee and three years as chair of the Utilities Committee
- Board Member, Atlanta Solid Waste Management Authority
- Defined Contribution Management Committee
- Atlanta City Council President Pro Tempore
- Co-Chair of the Council’s Select Committee on Pensions
- Atlanta Budget Commission
- The Mayor’s Atlanta Pension Panel
- Co-Chair of the Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Waste & Efficiency
- Chairman, Atlanta-Fulton County Water Resources Commission
Shook and his wife, Alise, are the proud parents of two daughters, Catherine and Mary Martin.