Shook Top


Howard Shook
Councilmember, District 7

Atlanta City Hall
55 Trinity Avenue, SW
Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30303-3584

Second Floor, East

Phone: 404-330-6050

Corona Horton
Denis Taylor


Atlanta's Charter explicitly vests all supervisory authority over personnel and operating matters within the Executive Branch. Members of City Council cannot generate or prioritize work orders; tell departmental employees what to do, when to do it, or how to do it; cannot hire or fire; and cannot write employee performance evaluations.

Each operating department is overseen by a Commissioner who reports to the Chief Operating Officer, who reports to the Mayor. Contact information for the Mayor and Chief Operating Officer follows:

Chief Operating Officer—Richard Cox
(404) 330-6025,

Mayor--Keisha Lance Bottoms
(404) 330-6054,

Contact Me
Atlanta City Hall
55 Trinity Avenue, SW
Suite 2900
Atlanta, GA 30303-3584
(404) 330-6050

Corona Horton

Denis Taylor

Public Works
For the following issues
◽ Curbs
◽ Speed Humps
◽ Sidewalks
◽ Street signs
◽ Traffic Signals
◽ If you qualify for backyard garbage or recycling pick up service and are experiencing problems

Call Public Works Customer Service Center, Monday - Friday, 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at (404) 330-6333. After hours, call (404) 658-7862.

You may also contact the Customer Service Center by email at

The Public Works Department insists that customers report both an address and cross-streets when reporting a problem.

Missed Trash
Yard Waste Pickup
Household garbage, recycling, and yard trimmings are collected weekly on the scheduled collection day.

To report a missed pickup, contact the Customer Service Call Center, Monday - Friday, 8:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at (404) 330-6333 or via email at

After-hours emergency calls may be placed to (404) 290-7058.

Bulk item Pick-Up
Dead Animal Pick-Up
Customers should call (404) 330-6333 for an appointment to have all bulk waste items collected. As a result of the improved service initiative, items will be picked up within one week from the call date.

Place all items scheduled for pick up at the curb on the Sunday prior to the collection appointment.

Customers should call (404) 330-6333 to request dead animal pick-up or email Please include type and location of animal and include an address if possible or any identifying landmarks.

Garbage Containers
Recycling Bins
To obtain a new garbage container (herbie curbie), new property owners can fax or mail a copy of their settlement statement to the Customer Service Division at:

55 Trinity Avenue, Suite 4800
Atlanta, Georgia 30303-0326
Attention: Customer Service Division
Office (404) 330-6333
Fax (404) 546-9073

A recycling bin is provided to customers when service is first established. If you would like to use a larger recycling bin, you may use your own, clearly labeled bin for "RECYCLING". You may also order a City of Atlanta 95 gallon rolling recycling cart, by check or money order for $70 to:

City of Atlanta
Department of Public Works
55 Trinity Avenue SW
Suite 4800
Atlanta, GA 30303-3531

MAKE SURE THE DELIVERY ADDRESS IS ON THE CHECK OR MONEY ORDER. The cart will be delivered to the address listed on the check/money order.

To obtain a replacement herbie curbie or recycling bin, call (404) 330-6333 to request a new herbie-curbie or recycling bin. A $50 fee may apply.

Water Leaks
Water/Sewer Bill Disputes
Fire Hydrant Repairs
You should continue to pay your bill, if you are disputing a balance or if you have an adjustment pending. You can work with a Customer Service Representative to determine what a normal bill is for you and pay this amount each month.

Please call the Department of Watershed Management's Customer Service Department at (404) 658-6500 or by email at When you call, please provide an address.

Code Enforcement
You should file a complaint by calling the Customer Service Line at (404) 330-6190, emailing your complaint to, or entering the complaint information through the Accela Citizen Website at You can also check the status of the complaint through this Website.

Noise Disturbance
For violations of the Noise Ordinance, please call 911.

Tree Removal
Answers to questions or concerns regarding trees and tree removal (which includes all trees in the public right-of-way) can be found at, by selecting Departments; selecting Planning and Community Development, then selecting Bureau of Buildings and scrolling down to the Arborist Division.

There, you will find such things as online applications for tree inspections and removals, which you can print. Customers can also check the status of pending permit applications or access this Website directly at

Property Tax Dispute
For all tax billing questions, please contact the Fulton County Tax Commissioner's Office. Their Website is at or you can reach the Tax Commissioner atl (404) 730-6100.

To appeal a property value appraisal, you should contact the Fulton County Board of Assessors at:

141 Pryor Street, Suite 2052
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone (404) 612-6440
Fax (404) 224-0417