READERS GUIDE FOR THE FY2021 PROPOSED BUDGET
The City of Atlanta's budget document is intended to provide information in such a manner that the lay reader can understand the operations of the City. The Reader's Guide describes the structure of the FY2021 Proposed Budget Book and outlines its contents. The FY2021 Proposed Budget has overview sections and detail on the overall revenues and expenses of the City of Atlanta. The entire document can be found on the City's website at www.atlantaga.gov.
- The Preface- includes the City's Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) Award, the City's History, the Mayor's Biography, a preview of the Atlanta City Council and how it operates, an overview of City officials, and organizational structure.
- Messages - provides the Mayor and Chief Financial Officer's transmittal letters, which presents the framework for the City's operations, services, and financial position proposed in FY2021.
- Introduction - provides detailed information on the City's economic and demographic information, and highlights of the City's performance metrics.
- Budget Summaries - provides an overview of the City's funds, and information about revenues and expenditures; departmental budgets, and full-time position status.
- Revenue Overview - includes revenue projections, methodology, historical trends, and account details of major revenue sources.
- Operational Summaries - provides an expense budget summary, personnel information and the key performance measures for each operating department.
- Capital Projects Status- provides an expense budget summary at a point in time for capital projects, which are non-recurring in nature. This section includes projected expenditures for FY2021 to FY2025 for bonds, grants, trusts and other capital projects, and are subject to change.
- Debt Service - provides a summary of the City's debt obligations, bond ratings and debt coverage ratios.
- Appendix - includes the glossary and other essential information.