Marci Collier Overstreet is serving her first term as a member of the Atlanta City Council representing the citizens of District 11.
Marci is a native of Atlanta and product of Atlanta Public Schools, graduating from Benjamin E. Mays High School in 1983. She earned her Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Georgia State University.
She has over 25 years of experience in service and leadership by way of her chosen career path, volunteerism, and organization affiliations.
Marci's mission is to invest in technology, provide transparency, create an age-friendly community, and foster solid relationships with the constituents of District 11. Marci understands the unique composition of her district and wishes to celebrate and preserve its distinct historic components while introducing amenities and conveniences, including recreational opportunities for children and senior citizens. Marci has held multiple board and leadership positions professional and within the community, including:
- Appointee to the Atlanta Commission on Women
- Member of the City of Atlanta Pension Trust Board
- Founder and CEO of Mommy Knows Best, LLC
- Past Board Chair/President of the Auxiliary to the Atlanta Medical Association
- Board Member of the Walter & Andrew Young Family YMCA
- Retiree of Delta AirLines
- Member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
- Member of the Links, Inc.
Councilmember Overstreet's active initiatives include Fighting Blight, Scrap Tire Drives, District 11 Public Safety Series, Meet with Councilmember Day and Community Engagement (Movies in the Park, Neighborhood Jazz Festival, etc.)
Marci and her husband, Dr. Alphonzo Overstreet have three children.