In 2017, I wrote and sponsored City Council Resolution 17-R-3003 which called for a feasibility study on the creation of a single, transportation-focused department.
In 2018, we received the report, and have begun the process of implementing the suggestions on how to best create a unified, transportation focused department in Atlanta. You can read the full report here.
On April 18th we held our first public review and discussion of the study with members of WSP, Inc, and members of City Council, various City departments, and the public. You can review the presentation from that meeting here.
We are currently in the process of creating a work group to further explore and implement this process. Please check back here for the latest updates from this initiative.
Study Timeline To Date:
- Jan 2017 - 17-R-3003 Proposed by Councilmember Dickens
- Jan – Mar 2017 – Resolution Presented to NPU & Other Stakeholders
- Mar 2017 – Resolution Adopted by City Council
- Jun 30th, 2017 – Study Presentation Due to Council
- March 8th, 2018 – Presentation Received by Council
- April 18th, 2018 – First Work Session