Elected in 2017, Amir Farokhi represents Atlanta's District 2 which includes Downtown, Midtown, Old Fourth Ward, Inman Park, Poncey-Highland, and Candler Park.
A native to Atlanta, Councilmember Farokhi lives in the Old Fourth Ward. Professionally, he has served as Director of Strategy at BrightHouse; Chief Operating Officer of College Advising Corps; Founder and Executive Director of GeorgiaForward. He has also practiced commercial litigation with an international law firm.
In 2011, 2012 and 2013, Councilmember Farokhi was named among the Most Influential Georgians by Georgia Trend Magazine and included in the magazine's 40 Under 40 list. He is a 2011 Marshall Memorial Fellow, Term Member with the Council on Foreign Relations, Truman National Security Project member, and graduate of LEAD Atlanta (2006) and Leadership Atlanta (2013).
Amir’s community service contributions include the following:
• Board Member, GeorgiaForward
• Board Member, The Galloway School
• Board Member, Charles R. Drew Charter School
• Past Board Member, Atlanta Fire Foundation
• Past Board Member, Atlanta Bicycle Coalition
• Past Board Member, Citizens for Progressive Transit
• Past Board Member, Generation Green, Georgia Conservancy
Councilmember Farokhi is a graduate of Duke University and Duke University School of Law and is the first Iranian-American elected official in the American South.